good to write to you again after a long break. Did you know that my family, educating my kids, caring for my hubby and going to work took almost my whole life in the past 12 months? You probably know exactly what I am talking about.
But I am missing my blog and I am missing great travel tips with kids, that also please us parents. I hate nothing more than ONLY-CHILD-ACTIVITIES. There has to be some sparkly wine, some great view, some nice Latte-Macchiato option to be around, otherwise it gets a too-one-sided-activity! Us parents, we are also alive!
So this is my TheTreasurette-Bet:
I bet I can show you the 5 best spots for kids and parents
around Lake Tegernsee:
- Gut Kaltenbrunn with the most gorgeous playground ever, AND the best view for us parents and delicious food including the best Kaiserschmarrn around the Tegernsee.
- Bad Wiessee walk on the lake with a great adventurous playground and a nice Rosé for the parents afterwards at the “Fischerei” Tegernsee.
- Walberg-Bahn-Adventure with a 30-minute miniature-hiking tour to the tip of the mountain
- Schwarze Tenn Hiking Tour. 1 hour for adults, maybe 1.5-2hours with kids. Choose the forest path if you have taller kids and choose the street if you still need a stroller. Both ways are beautiful, although I definitely prefer the hiking-way through the woods. You get rewarded by nice bavarian snacks and a Tegernseer Beer once you have reached the Schwarze Tenn Hut.
- Biking around the lake. More than 20km of biking makes the kids tired and is a perfect exercise for the whole family. Starting in Rottach-Egern you should rather choose to ride via Bad Wiessee and Gmund to Tegernsee. We always make our first stop at the playground in Gmund, Kaltenbrunn. Later we take a lunch-great at the Hofbräuhaus Tegernsee which is absolutely worth visiting. If you still have energy take an aperitif at Café Franzl in Rottach-Egern to end your tour. You will love it.
TheTreasurette-Tip: Do reserve a table at any of the restaurants around the lake. Since soccer-stars and other VIPs start enjoying that area, there is mostly no chance to walk by and spontaneously get a table.