Looking for a special educational gift for your little treasures? I am obsessed with lovely illustrated children’s books. Since spring has just begun and Easter is about to come, I put together a fine selection of artsy books. Those are fun for kids AND adults. Have a look. My son is already in love with the sticker-activity books by Olivia Cosneau. So you can guess what my Easter gift for my kids will look like 🙂
These are my 7 favourite books:
1. Do you love skyscrapers as much as I do? I still think of them as a wonder of human craftsmanship…This book is a colorful tour of the worlds tallest buildings and the larger-than-life personalities who built them. Beginning with a brief biographical sketch of each architect, illustrator Didier Cornille imaginatively depicts the construction of eight of the world s most impressive skyscrapers. Among them you find Gustave Eiffel’s Eiffel Tower (1889) in Paris and Mies van der Rohe’s Seagram Building (1958) in New York. A must-read!!!
2. I must confess that I am an architecture-lover! This book is so much fun for adults and kids. The author takes its readers on a fun-filled tour through ten of the most important houses by the greatest architects of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Beginning with a brief biographical sketch of each architect, illustrator Didier Cornille uses a light touch to depict the various stages of construction, paying special attention to key design innovations and signature details.
3. I love that series by Olivia Cosneau. I introduce you to my favourite three activity-books. Birds of the World introduces little ornithologists to fun facts about birds through a range of coloring activities, removable stickers, and a short quiz. In the process, children learn about the rich variety of birds living in our world, including nightingales, swallows, hummingbirds, pelicans, penguins, parrots, toucans, and flamingos among others. A real spring edition!!!
4. My son loves this book. He is obsessed with dinosaurs and this cute activity book introduces children to the world of dinosaurs and keeps them entertained for hours through fun activities, such as sticking on the missing bottom teeth of a Tyrannosaurus rex or coloring in the back plates of a Stegosaurus. The book teaches children about the different types of dinosaurs that existed, their diet, how they hunted, how they protected their young, and other interesting facts. A must-buy for all moms of toddler-boys around 4-5 years.
5. This great Nature-Activity-Book is a colorful introduction to the magical world of the garden, including a range of fun activities, removable stickers, and a quiz. Kids can learn about the different types of vegetables and fruits they can grow, how to care for them, what tools they need, and many other interesting facts.
6. A wonderful book about possibilities, imagination and all the wonders of the physical world. Triangles, squares, circles, lines, and colors spring to life in various and creative formations as they ask, “What can I be”? A green triangle asks to become a tent, a kite, a Christmas tree, or the sail of a boat, or why not all of these things? I just love it – so simple, so old and yet the best book for waking up the kids imagination.
7. This is a lovely illustrated collection of the most bizarre – but real – trees from around the world. You realise again that nature is by far stranger than any fiction. That book is perfect for little nature-lovers with imaginations.
TheTreasurette-Fave: Strange Trees – this book is fantastic! Read about the chocolate-tree with your kids and you will fall in love with that lovely illustrated and neatly written children’s book! AND you will learn a lot by the way! Those strange trees are all real!
I am happy to get feedback from you. I am so sure that your kids will love those books as much as mine do! And what about yourself? I actually learned a lot through those children´s books!