this is my first TREASURE-BET for you: I bet I found the best kids bike ever in the market.
Isn’t the first bike-ride of your kids a milestone in their lives? It really is one more step towards freedom. Freedom to move, freedom to move quickly from one place to another. It is the first ‘grown up’ vehicle of a little human being after having practiced hard on a balance bike and bobby car.
And for me as a mom, this was really an unforgettable moment as well. With my son I remember weekends of practicing to ride his Puky-bike. It took us hours until we had the first success and our backs needed tons of massages and yoga-sessions after that hassle! And finally, one saturday morning, he suddenly got it right. A wonder – after all these rounds in the park!
Honestly, I think for this emotional step in the kids childhood, the perfect bike is an essential companion. We didn’t inform ourselves at all, but simply bought the brand everybody else was buying. Today I wish I had done some research through which I would definitely have found out about this amazing brand woombikes earlier. Our daughters will profit now!
Just a few weeks ago I visited my bestie from Vienna and her cutie-pie daughter had the most awesome bike I have ever seen for kids. She rode her bicycle so confident, relaxed and easy like I have never seen before. This was my personal introduction to woombike – the boutique bike-label from Austria. It has only been 2 years that Christian and Marcus, two daddies by heart, have crafted the best kids bikes ever in a backyard-garage. By now they are selling around the world – growing every week – and I now know why!
After testing their bikes, we got one for my eldest son and here are my 5 reasons WHY you should go to your nearest retailer and buy one as well:
- So easy to build – after unboxing the beautiful bike, there is not much to do for mummy or daddy… just add the pedals, front wheel and handle bar – thats it.
- So light weight – Weight is the most important criteria in a kids bike. Through steady and thoughtful research of their bikes, woombikes paid special attention to this dimension. They weigh 40% less than average kids bikes…
- So stylish – for their #2 and #3 bike they got the prestigious red dot design award, which I find an absolutely awesome reward and recognition for such a young company and another proof of their craftsmanship.
- So perfect for every age – they have a range of 7 bikes from 1,5 to 14 year old kids. Our son rides a #4 classic edition in blue with 7 gears. He is a tall five year old. Perfect accessories for the bikes are available in their shop. I am totally in love with the bike – best of all: 85% of the single parts are customised for woom – again all optimised for the kids anatomy. Typically woom!
- So matching – you get the matching helmets in the whole color-range from the fancy helmet label: melon-helmets.com
- So upcycling – To me, that one is the best gimmick ever! The “upcycle” system of woom. The objective of the Upcycle system is to ensure that your child rides a bike with the proper right bike size. It allows the bike to grow with the child. A membership can be purchased with any WOOM bike. After 24 months of the purchase date, the bike can be returned to WOOM and 40% of the purchase price will be refunded to the buyer. The returned bikes will then be refurbished and sold as used bikes in the secondary market – from WOOM. Do you know of any other bike companies that do this? I don’t…
- So much like bugaboo – The founders story reminds me of my favourite strollers founders: bugaboo was also founded by daddies and pediatricians. These bikes here are founded by dads that were looking for exactly what they are producing now: a light, stylish, sporty bicycle for their kids at an affordable price.
TheTreasurette-Fave: The blue #4 bike – I would give it a red dot design award as well! My son is loving it and he drives like crazy on that bike.
TheTreasurette-Tip: Don’t make the same mistake as I did. Get the right bike straight away! Kids can learn so much easier with the woom models and you can prevent heavy back pain!
*** Check their page for dealers: https://www.woombikes.com/pages/handlerliste ***
Hope to hear your feedback soon! I can’t wait for your stories about how fast your kids learned to ride…Coming up with my next bet soon!